Monday, November 26, 2007

I'm Up Earlier Than I Thought!

So I went to bed at about 3am, and set my alarm for 11am, but for some reason I woke up at 8:30am, and couldn't really fall asleep.

So I woke up, read a chapter in the Book Of Mormon, went and took a shower, checked my e-mail and social networking sites, sent out a few e-mails, and started realizing that I have a very light schedule, which has made me somewhat lazy.

Now I feel compelled to use a little bit of this time to write a blog entry about what I'm thinking and feeling these days.

I went to Maine for Thanksgiving break, and it might be the last time I'm physically in that state for quite some time. Hanging out with my sister was awesome, as was spending all day Saturday with my friend Tanner playing Guitar Hero and DoubleDash was a blast. But it was soured by that nagging thought that I am leaving it all behind for a place I'm not even sure if I'll like.

There is a part of me that is incredibly excited to go to Los Angeles and make my way in the industry. However, there is another part of me that is already longing to return to the Northeast. I can't really explain it. Perhaps it's because I spent all of my formidable years on the east coast/New England, that I have grown to be a part of the landscape.

Some people believe that the earth's magnetism or inherent energy causes a person to develop a sub-conscious energetic connection to the place where they were born/grew up. Sometimes I think that must be true, because it seems illogical for people to have these kinds of connections to places that are not that special other than that they are where the person lived.

There are only 23 more days before I fly back to Virginia, leaving Boston behind 'for good'. Obviously I'll be back for graduation, and maybe even for a wedding or two some day, but I'll probably never live here again. But I've grown to love the city dearly--it's twisted streets, it's crooked alleys and 3 story brown-stones, the Charles River, the Red Sox, etc, etc.

But I can't stagnate. I know in my heart there is something very important I was sent here to do. Maybe I'm already on my way--but in the mean time I'm trying to do my best and love those around me.

No comments: