Friday, December 26, 2008

Merry Christmas to All!

Hello Everyone!

Merry Christmas! It's been an amazing year, and I feel so blessed to have been able to be a part of all of this excitement, growth, and improvement.

The new year is right around the corner, and I've got some resolutions, which hopefully I will update you with in the coming days.

I got some great gifts for christmas, including a sweet steel-string Yamaha acoustic guitar, but the greatest gift was probably seeing the joy and excitement in my dad's eyes when he opened the package containing the DVD transfer of the footage from his 1972 high-school TV production class.

I've never seen someone have so much joy at a gift. He'd not seen that footage in 32 years, and it made it 100% worth the effort and time we put into it. The memories it brought back, watching him grin from ear to ear like the chesire cat for the entire duration of the footage was a truly awesome experience.

Last night we went and saw the Curious Case of Benjamin Button, which was really really excellent, in spite of having to sit in the very very front row, craning our necks skyward. The cinematography, acting, story, and production design were all top notch, and I found myself teary-eyed at more than one occasion. I'd highly recommend it.

Take care, and until next time, keep your stick on the ice.

No comments: