Wednesday, March 18, 2009

AIG Lynch Mob

I would join a lynch mob to kill AIG executives receiving bonuses.  Don't give me this "contractual obligation" bullshit.  You have no money to pay these bonuses.  Therefore, you don't pay them.  When I bought a plane ticket on Independence Air and they went UNDER, what happened to my contractually obligated flight?!?! They ceased operations, and I never got a cent.

Same deal--you would have been bankrupted and gotten NO BONUSES if John and Jane Taxpayer hadn't bailed your asses out.  Insolvency=No Money to pay bonuses.

In my job, if I burn the building down and bankrupt the company, I don't get a bonus, I get fired, and never work again.

Unless you work for AIG, apparently.

FUCK YOU AIG.

Seriously.

1 comment:

Saul Christian said...

These are probably the same people who talk about how it's wrong for the government to take from the rich and give to the poor. But this is a case of the government taking from the poor and giving to the rich. I don't entirely blame the government on this one, although Chris Dodd is making everyone awfully glad he didn't become president.