Saturday, June 16, 2007

So It's Been A Long Time Huh?

Well, I realize that it's been a long time since I've talked to you. How am I?

I'm currently on the tail end (hopefully) of some head congestion that I picked up on a trip home from Virginia. It's been kind of a drag since I've been back--low energy, low desire to do much of anything.

While I was in Virginia I realized how much I miss being with friends and being on the East coast. It's probably because I grew up in Maine, but I really do think I am a New Englander at heart. I'm sure I'll like LA, but I'll need to get away to New England from time to time, I'm sure.

My sister Katie has graduated. So now none of my immediate family are in High School anymore. We're all adults, really, and it's strange to think about that. It seems like not so long ago that I was playing in big piles of leaves with my sister after (or before, as was more likely) we'd done our homework.

Well, on to new chapters in life. Lot's of crazy things have been happening lately. I am not getting any financial aid for Spring, which is when I'm going to LA. Therefore, I'll probably be needing an extra 30,000 dollars in private loans this year. Awesome.

I am still working on my BA Practicum film, and I thought I had come up with a good new idea, adapting a story from 1943 by Robert McCloskey called "Homer Price" but the jerk renewed his copyright in 1971, so it won't fall into public domain for another 11 years! Damn!

Now I'm back to square one trying to decide what to do, since I'm not sure I have the money or support or that I even like my Maze script, because it's not really me.

Anyway, I'm about to go see Shrek the 3rd with my brother David. Hopefully it'll be good. Matinee's are like 4.50, so I'm thinking I might go to the movies a lot more.

Until next time!

Now I'm back to square one--thought I think someday I will make it

No comments: