Friday, June 29, 2007

Student Loans and Aching Bones

I'm aching inside and out as I take a personal effort to make positive changes in my life, spiritually, emotionally, and physically. I've started to run in the mornings for as long as I can (about a minute--not long) and then walking for 20-30 minutes as a fast pace. I'm so out of shape that it can usually take me the entire walk to get my heart rate slowed down from just running as hard and long as I can.

Student loans are something I've had to look into recently, and I'm going to see if Grandma will co-borrow with me so that I can get a better interest rate. It's really frustrating because I'm barely going to be able to afford this year, and it's as if I'm being punished for taking AP courses and doing non-tuition credits. (For those who don't know, I only need 19 credits to graduate, which is all they will consider for financial aid, even though because I'm in the LA program, I have to take 32 credits.) So I've got to get private funding for about 20,000 dollars which is a direct result of having AP and Non-Tuition credits counting towards my degree.

Oh well.

I'm excited that I may have made a new friend. I started e-mailing him based on a "strictly platonic" craigslist post, and after several days of exhaustive e-mailing, we're tentatively planning to meet up on July 14th... (he lives in Las Vegas) so hopefully we'll get along in person as well as we did in e-mails.

That's all for now. Take care and God Bless You All.

1 comment:

Jonny Paula said...

Make sure your new friend doesn't try to rape, send you fake money order, or tries to sell you an iPhone - Craigslist can be a dangerous place.