Monday, September 22, 2008

New Week, Cold Morning, and Whatnot

I awoke this morning to a pretty cold room. The whole environment felt like a fall morning in New England. The sky was gray and soft, and my room was cold! The previous day, I'd removed the window A/C unit from my bedroom, allowing me to have the windows on both sides of my room open. This generates a splendid cross-breeze. However, as temperatures dipped as low as 59 degrees, I found myself snuggled tight under the blanket, struggling to get out of bed to shut the windows at 6am. I shut them turned on my lamp and computer, in an attempt to generate some heat--it felt cold!

I guess California has just made me soft.

I feel like it's going to be a rough week, but I'm going to hope for the best.

Cleaned the apartment yesterday, finally got all my boxes and junk off of the living room and dining room floor and onto shelves and into closets. I didn't get around to cleaning the bathroom, so I'll do that when I get home from work.

Yes, my life is so exciting that I'm telling you about my cleaning schedule.

Frankly, there is more going on in my life than that, but due to the nature of this medium, I'm not going to talk about it.

Anyway, I should go get breakfast. Apple Cinnamon Cheerio's here I come!

PS. My roommate Joe and I are walking 3-6 miles a night in a sustained effort to lose weight. Since we committed to this, we've been four for four! Last night we walked about 4.6 miles (almost all the way to Menchies on Laurel Canyon Blvd) and back. Cool huh?

No comments: