Friday, August 08, 2008

Blast from the Past!

Last night I received this e-mail:
Ezra,
I'm guessing that this is your e-mail. A friend of mine linked me to your 9/11 film on you tube. I'm aka Buck, from Humdaisy, or what was once Humdaisy. I remember you wrote us to use the song "A Little Strange..." and I don't think that I ever spoke to you. It's fine that you used the song, and I'm/we're honored. In the "file it under small world" bin, my dad was actually in the North Tower (thankfully, he was, and continues to be, fine) when 9/11 went down. I just have to ask how you came across the CD/song. We were once poised to take a chance on the music biz, on a larger scale, but life gets in the way. Anyhow, just felt compelled to try and track you down.
Buck/Scott

Amazing huh? I wrote to them almost 7 years ago asking for permission to use the song, and one of the band members finally contacts me! What I love most about it, is that it's totally the type of thing I have done. Last summer, I tracked down this guy I had met at a conference in Anaheim during 2004--about 3 years after the fact, and I ended up talking on the phone with him for about an hour!

For those who don't remember, this is the video to which we are referring:



2 comments:

Jonny Paula said...

That's rather incredible that he remembered you after all this time.

I remember you telling me the story of contacting them when we were hosting After Midnight once. Pretty cool stuff.

Anonymous said...

That is so bizarro cool!
Do you remember that I got Boo's autograph? a pawprint? Actually Marvin Payne's drawing of a paw print? Anyway I met his son last month! Sort of the same kind of strange and cool. (I told him to encourage his dad to make a movie of the Plane Maker - and I'd buy at least two copies!
You are the bom.