Friday, January 09, 2009

Mortified Audition

This Sunday, I'll be heading down to Koreatown to audition (really more of an interview, though) for "Mortified".

Mortified is "a Comic Excavation of Adolescent Writing, Art & Media"

I'll be bringing my journals, videos, blogs, school papers and report cards down to the interview, and we'll spend 45 minutes talking, reading and sharing.  If they see a story, if I'm what they're looking for, I could find myself performing my adolescent works before a live audience, or maybe even make it into their next book!

I'm really excited--this fall I had been reading my journals at Crimson Spot, the Baha'i Center's Sunday open mic night, and they were very very well received.  People actually asked for more--that's always a good sign.

So we'll see how it goes, I'll be sure to let you know.

On a side note, I feel bad because I've been blogging more lately, and I've not been writing in my journal.  There is never enough time in the day. Darn it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck, I'd love to do mortified if my journals were...interesting

Jonny Paula said...

Well... can't you simply write your journal as your blog?

Or is that all too personal?

Ausmo said...

Good luck mate! Even with that extra second last year still not enough time ?!? :-P

Hope it all goes great for you.