Friday, July 15, 2005

Workin' On A Sunny Day

I'm workin' on a sunny day,
Sitting desks to make my pay,
Now I've time to make a post,
Of all the things I love the most.

Yeah, I'm definately not a poet (unlike my sister Katie) But anyway, on we blindly stumble--er, on we bloodily stagger, sorry, I withdraw that. Props if you get the reference.

So I'm sitting at the reception desk at Crawford and Company, a smaller insurance company. Yesterday I was contracted by Adecco to help them refile a whole bunch of client files in numerical order. They were impressed that I was able to do the whole lot of them in 6.5 hours as opposed to two days. Fortunately, I didn't work myself out of a job because I was asked to cover for their receptionist who would be out today. So now I am trying to deal with the phone, and so far I've been alright, but it hasn't been terrific.

The first call was a woman wanting info about her claim, and I took down her information and told her that she would be contacted on monday. However, I didn't get the woman's name (brilliant.) Then the next call was someone asking for people that don't even work here anymore. So I had to ask if they were or not, which was annoying. And finally the third caller was one of their claims adjusters who wanted somebody who was out, and I think I accidentally hung up on him, so he called back and I apologized, told him I was a temp and connected him to a person he wanted.

Argh. It's going to be a fun day.

Fortunatly there isn't too much to do--it's pretty slow on Fridays they told me. Which is good because I really hope to be able to do some writing and get some scripts/ideas hammered out. It should be a really be productive, since the internet is only so fun when you are force to use Internet Explorer after becoming completely dependant on tabbed browsing.

Oh well. The secretary's desk has a 1/2 gallon fish bowl on her desk with a very lively and beautiful fish, and it's really entertaining to watch. I guess I am groping for amusement. Anyway, later today I am going to have dinner with my sister Sarah, since we've not seen each other in a while. Hopefully I will be able to get back to Lewiston in time to pick Tanner up from the Lisbon Street Sam's (he had to walk to work since I was gone, and I thought I'd try and pick him up.) I also wanted to talk to Sarah and find out if she showed to video that I edited to her MVA clients yet, and if she still wanted to buy a spindle of 50 DVD's so I could burn copies for her. Then I can proceed with my plan to make a bunch of DVD's of What?!?! my ninth grade community access television show, and give them to all the participants.

Tanner and I have been talking a lot over the last two nights about a lot of deep stuff. It's hard to explain, but if you've ever had one of your best friends as a roommate, you would understand completely. We've been talking a lot about who we are and how we've come to be where we are today. It was sparked because I was thinking about how much I want to do another play... I mean, I really want to act again, but I'm so busy with other things that I don't want to abandon that I don't think I have the time. But I watched The Making Of Monster Hunters, the spring show my Junior year at Harrisonburg High School, and I saw how much fun it was and how much I laughed and had more energy, and, and.... I want that again.

I like Film and TV, no question, but I miss the fun and the flair of drama people sometimes... the passion and fun that they have in the process of making their art. *Sigh* I need to get to that point again.

I'm going to wrap this little post up, but I'll probably post again before this is all over, since I am friggin' awesome, and will get bored again. Toodles!

No comments: