I realize that my posting times have decreased dramatically. But I'm also wondering why that is, since I'm actually not that busy. I am going to make a much more valiant effort to be a better person. This is the year for change. I don't have a lot of time to dilly dally around any more. There are way too many things in my life I need to get a hold of.
But enough about that. Life here has been sweet lately. I've gotten really good grades in all my classes, and right now I'm anticipating A-'s in everything, maybe one B+, but I don't mind, I've done well enough. Everthing has wrapped up and almost all of my friends have left and gone home, so it's just me and J-Pizzle farting around and rummaging through the trash to get the awesome stuff that rich kids from outta state throw away when they go home. For the record, here is a list of things I've gotten from the trash:
1. 4 Cubic Ft. Refrigerator
2. Mircowave (nice, clean)
3. Foam Pads
4. Down Comforter
5. $5 in loose change (it was in a shopping bag in the trash!)
6. Box of fabric softner
8. Emerson College Mug
9. Unopened boxes of Q-tips, Band-aids, shaving cream, and leftover bottles of laudry detergent.
10. ONE GALLON can of Chocolate Flavored Pudding, unopened.
11. My roommates carpet (it's pretty nice, still)
12. Several clean and unopened foodstuffs, like cans of soup and M&Ms
13. USB cable for a printer
14. Small vacuum from my roommate
15. Small tool box (new)
16. Light for mounting on consumer camera
17. Desktop lamp w/ box of bulbs
18. Recycle Bin (Trash Can with recycling sybol on the outside
Things that my friend found while I was with him:
1. White TV/VCR Combo with 20 ft. coaxial cable (working)
2. Led Zeppelin Poster
3. Innumerable crappy posters, including a stack of about 20 G5 Mac computer posters
4. Poster Tubes (about 12)
5. Kitchen trash can
6. DVD: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (it was in an unmarked case, but not bootlegged!
8. 17" CRT computer monitor
9. Multi-media keyboard
10. Foam for packing his stuff up
11. Toilet paper, paper towels for the kitchen in the suite.
12. Assorted cleaning supplies, like a push broom (roller broom) fabreeze, Clorox wipes.
13. A room lamp and a table lamp
Like I said, we have some awesome stuff, and we're all sharing which is cool.
But what else have I been up too? I feel like there is so much to tell, but at the same time I am brain dead about what exactly it was that I was going to tell you about. I had big plans for this post, lemme tell you, BIG!
Anyway, the Evvy awards are in nine days and things are already starting to pick up. Meeting are beginning, discussions are happening and time is starting to run out. I really need to take care of myself and stay on the ball or else I’m going to be dead by the end of the week. I am excited, but I’m also anxious.
I still haven’t told you guys, have I! I entered into three categories and was actually nominated for “Best Radio Personality” so there is a good possibility that I will be winning an Evvy with J-Pizzle, my co-host! So, today I went shopping and bought myself a black dress shirt for 20 dollars from TJ-Maxx, which I will wear the night of the Evvy’s, so that (hopefully) if I win the award, I’ll still look shnazzy even though I will be in all black (since I will be camera operating.)
So that’s exciting. I also bought a CD from Strawberries in Downtown Crossing, (about a block away) for 99 cents and it looks like it was a pretty good buy, and then I went to Wendy’s and ordered ten chicken nuggets with BBQ sauce. Mmm. It was scrummy.
Then I returned home, worked on cleaning through my stuff, my computer files, and working out the details of my personal possessions and there return to Tanner’s house in Lewiston, ME.
Tanner has decided to take a year off from college, and I’m not sure how I feel about it. I agree that he isn’t doing that well in college right now, and it sort of is a waste of his time and money if he hates it. However, I know Tanner and I worry that not being at school won’t make him realize anything, because he’ll sit around all day over analyzing his life instead of just living. Believe it or not, I am not entirely certain what I am doing is the right thing, but I don’t really have time to think about it, I just have fun… and maybe that’s wrong, I don’t know.
But in the mean time, I will try and keep you all much more up to date. And for those of you in Virginia, I’ll be seeing you in just 12 days!