Sunday, December 19, 2004

Oh Boy! What a Day! Christmas is Coming!

Okay guys, I haven't updated in a while, but I have SOOOO much to tell you about, so this may be a rather long post. Here goes.

First off, I have added my College Textbooks to my Christmas List, among other sundries, including 35mm camera film.

Secondly, I will be back in the 'burg in under 48 hours! I am so excited. The only thing is I now have to study for my Media Arts final, which I am not keen on doing, and then I have to pack up, which I don't want to do.

Anyway, I got up this morning and went down to find out if Joe wanted to go for a walk with me around Boston. He agreed, and after getting ready we decided to go South on Tremont Street, toward the South End, because niether of us had ever really been down there before. So we were walking around in jeans and Fleece jackets in 30 degree farenheit weather for about an hour. It was quite an experience, as we discovered some hobo encampments and an "Emergency Tunnel Egress": That little red brick thing is the stairwell for the emergency egress system. Joe and I decided to go over and check it out. I tried the door, and it opened easily and smoothly. I immediatly shut it, and asked Joe if he thought we should continue. We thought about it, and decided to to go for it. We ducked inside, and quietly looked down the stairs. We wanted to make sure we didn't burst in on some innocent homeless man trying to keep warm. The stairwell went down at least 5 stories, but we did not go down, as we noticed that the door had a magnetic alarm with a conduited wire coming out of it. We got out of there, just in case that alarm had sounded somewere and the police were coming. It was quite an adventure.

Anyway, when we were less than 2 minutes from the Little Building (our dorm) I looked ahead of me about 100 feet.

And I immediatly spun me and my friend around and started walking the other way. I sat down and discretely pointed. There was a black man who had is butt completely out of his pants! He was staggering around, and appeared (whether intentionally or not, I don't know) to be exposing himself. I was laughing, but this was also scary, so I called the police and notified them that there was a man exposing himself in public, and may have been either drunk of stoned. I don't know if they ever found him, but boy it was funny to see him staggering around. I hope he is okay, though.

Well, after coming back to the dorm, I watched "Airplane" for the first time ever. I must say I enjoyed it. It's my kinda humor. I don't know what else to say about it, except that my favorite part is when the inflatable autopilot starts to deflate and the stewardess has to "manually inflate him" by blowing into a tube that just so happens to be in the crotch of the doll. Oh man, I was busting a gut.

Then I took a break, got a chicken salad sandwich and some ice cream for dinner, then watched "The Life and Death of Peter Sellers" again. After a second watching, I am still a little confused. I think I am just going to have to read his biography to understand some of the things that are going on.

I then got a lot of Christmas spirit by getting a bunch of Christmas classics on my computer, and then I wrote my self-evaluation for my final project in Digital Culture.

Around 1am I decided to go down and find out if Joe wanted to go with me to get a drink, and he did. When we got back to the room, we were just talking, and I put my feet on a stool, but the stool slipped out from under my feet and crashed to the floor. I picked it up, and thought nothing of it.

So I then asked Joe if he'd turn off the lights so I could better see out of the window. He did. Suddenly there was a knock at the door. Joe, being Joe, didn't open the door, he looked through the peep hole, and either couldn't see who it was or didn't want to open the door, so he didn't. After the person knocked again the guy started saying "hello? Open the door". I yelled at Joe to open the door and he finally did.

It was an RA from the 6th floor (we were on the 7th) and he was immediately suspicious. The questions came in rapid succession:
"Why are the lights off?"
"Because I wanted to see out of the window"
Why did it take you so long to answer the door?"
"Because my friend Joe was being a Douchebag and was trying to see who it was rather than just opening the door."
"What was all that noise?"
"I knocked over a stool."
"Are you hiding something?"
"Uh, no."
"You mind if I look in the fridge?"
"Well if it was my house I would have a problem with it because you don't have that right, but since I have nothing to hide, go ahead"
"I don't care if you drink I just want to..." He trailed off.
"Do you really think I am drunk right now? I am on the Wellness Floor for crying out loud!"

I think he finally got the point. Anyway, we started talking, and he actually was a really cool guy, we ended up talking together for about an hour and a half. So that was really cool, I made a new friend.

Well, my roommate, Fredo, is leaving at 6am, so he has decided to stay up all night so he can try to sleep on the plane back to California. That's also why I am still up, I just figured, "Hey, he's up, why not me?"

Having stayed up to write this INCREDIBLY LENGTHY post, I think it's time I did go to sleep. After all, I have to leave for church at 1:30pm tommorow. That's only in eight hours! Good night all!

No comments: