Saturday, December 04, 2004

Weird and Busy Days, and More of the Same Ahead

Today was very busy and productive. And yet I still feel overwhelmed at the amount I have left to do.

So what am I doing? Procrastinating by blogging--typical.

Anyway, I woke up at about noon, having gone to bed around 2am (10 hours earlier.) I was really suprised to find that I had slept that late. For most of my life I have found it very difficult to sleep past 10 or 11am. But I guess I am turning into a college student, sure enough.

Moving right into the day, I played Half-Life: Opposing force for about an hour, at which point I beat the game (For the first time ever) and then showered and went to Lunch/Brunch, whatever. I ate.

Then I started working on producing the Women in Motion shoot--AKA contacting businesses that we had scoped out as potential donors. Needless to say, I talked to the Director, Tara, who told me that my Producer Gina "... is the worst fu*king producer ever" I was really annoyed, because I felt that was very unproffessional to say to a subordinate of Gina. Oh well.

Anyway, Tara basically made me feel like I was "doing a good job" but that I needed to get even more work done in the food department, because she had be worried that we wouldn't have enough to feed the whole cast. So I made the commitment to print off eight copies of the letter asking for donations and then bring them around to restaurants around the location where we will be shooting. (Harvard Avenue, Green Line)

Fortunatly, it wasn't that hard, once again my own paralyzing hatred of this sort of thing made the hardest part of it just walking in the darn door and asking for the manager/owner.

C'est La Vie.

I'm not superstitious by most accounts, but I keep thinking about how interesting it was that I ended up riding the exact same T-Train back to Emerson as I had taken out to Harvard Avenue! I even sat in the same seat. I knew it was the same train because the bits of trash were exactly the same, including a crushed muffin and some newspapers stuffed into a gap. Weird. The only thing I can't figure out is whether or not it is good or bad. I mean, on the one hand, it symbolizes being back where I started, right? But on the other hand, it represents tremendous luck.

Or maybe it was just a cowinkydink.

No comments: