Sunday, July 11, 2004

Grocery Shopping, Anonymous Comments, & Sundries

Today I slept in and didn't go to church. Rationally, I needed to catch up on sleep, but I just didn't want to go. I'm trying to go every week, but all the people have changed and I don't feel like I belong there anymore. It's no excuse for not going, but I've already done it, so there is no use beating myself up for it. I Do feel like I'm letting God down when I don't go, though.

So I got up around 11:30am, (sleeping for about eleven hours) and I played MarioKart DoubleDash for GameCube with Tanner for a while, then I went out with my grandma and my sister Sarah to run errands, and get lunch. We went to a place called the Ground Round, which I believe is a northeast chain, and I had a Reuben sandwich. I hadn't had one in a long time, and I loved it, but it did need a little bit more Thousand Island dressing.

My sister used to be a member of my church. (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints AKA Mormon), but she decided she didn't fully believe the church. So she drinks now--not like a lush, but she drinks wine and sometimes mixed drinks. It's the wierdest thing, and I don't think that I'll ever get used to her drinking, because we were all taught in church that drinking is wrong, in addition to being bad for you.

Of course, you could argue that Jesus drank wine, so how can it be such a bad thing. My take on that is that most/many people do not have the self control to be careful enough with their drinking, so to be on the safe side, the church councils you never to start--if you never start, you can't become an alcoholic.

So drinking isn't inherently bad, but I think that since we have been told not to drink it is also a practice in obedience. I don't know. Whatever. Sorry, those of you who aren't familiar with me and or the Mormon religion will probably not understand a lot of that.

Anyway, then my grandma took me to get groceries again. (YEAH!) And Sarah helped me to make "healthy choices" so I got more fruit and vegetables. Which is good, because I really need to learn how to shop for myself.

Moving along to the next item of business in the title: Anonymous Comments.

I really would like it if you were going to make a comment you would leave either your name, a name by which I will know you, or some contact information like an AIM address or e-mail so I can talk to you. Because I really want to know who's reading my blog, because I don't know how many people are reading this blog on a regular basis, and/or if anyone is someone from the internet who I don't know who stumbled across it, or what.

So anyway, thank you, Mr. Anonymous, for your comment about my 4th of July speel, I'm glad you agree and liked that post, because I am very proud of it, both in content and style.

Have a good night all, I'm off to another work week tommorow. YIPPEE!

No comments: