Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Whoa!!!! New Web Presence!

So it's official: I've got a website. If you type in http://www.ezrahorne.com you'll see the framework for a new exciting web presence.

It's amazing how much the computer takes up in time and energy. I've got videos to edit for myself, my class, Jake Sasseville, Uppereast.com, and films. I've got DVDs to burn, VHS tapes to import and convert to a digital format, websites to build and design, videos to upload to Youtube.com, building and maintaining web presences on Facebook, Myspace, Blogger and more.

Basically, real life has been supplanted by the digital realm.

For those of you who know me, you'll be aware that I'm always working on something, and recently I transferred "Don't Worry Be Happy" from VHS and uploaded it to Youtube. All Nature's Sunshine Employees should check this video out. I'm not sure of the exact year this was made, but I believe it was before 1986 because my Dad is in it and he stopped working there in 1986.

You can view my other recently uploaded videos by going to my YouTube User Profile.

I'm going to try and write on this weblog for at least 15 minutes a day. It's a lofty goal, but I think I can do it. After all, I spend so much time doing nothing of import, I can at least spend some time updating my friends and family on the excitement happening here at Emerson.

Tomorrow I will be teaching a workshop on Avid editing for EIV. Hopefully I'll be an effective teacher and get my fellow students really excited about this. After all, Avid is industry standard, and despite all the hype about Cold Mountain being edited on Final Cut Pro, Avid was actually still used in the finishing process of the film.

My roommate Joe and I are going to be making a BA Practicum film in the Fall. However, before we can do that, we have to come up with a terrific idea and then pitch it in March, so that we can get accepted into the program. After that, I'll be taking out a loan of at least 5,000 dollars so that together we'll have a budget of 10,000 dollars for a short. It's not a lot of money, but hopefully it will be enough to make us a really nice calling card film for when we go to Los Angeles in Spring of 2008.

My roommate has started to get sick, so I'm trying to fend it off to keep myself healthy by drinking lots of liquids and taking my herbs.

Well, that's all for now, but I'll post again later!

No comments: