Saturday, November 06, 2004

Beautiful Day

So today I got up, checked my e-mail and took a leisurely walk through the Boston Common and the Public Gardens, enjoying the goreous fall breeze and colorful leaves. There were lots of geese running around the Gardens, and I took some photos, sat on a bench, and just enjoyed it, since I know that winter will be hear very very soon, and by then it may be too late to enjoy.

Then I went to an Emerson Independent Video (EIV) "Flypack" workshop. Basically, a flypack is a TV studio in a box. (Actually 3-5 large boxes, but hey, you get the idea.) It was a lot of fun, but very complicated. You really have to understand the flow of the video signal through the studio to set it up properly. But we'll see.

After the workshop, it was only about 3:20pm, so I decided to explore Boston a little bit. I walked over this really neat footbridge that went over some busy road, and went along the Charles River, staring at Cambridge and MIT and the sailboats accross the water, viewing the "halfshell" concert space that is in the park there. As I walked along, once again I felt really pleasant and happy. I just wished that I hadn't been alone. But I walked down the river until I got to another footbridge back over the road near the Massachusetts General Hospital. So I hopped on the Red Line there, and rode in to Park Street, where I transfered to the green line to go up to the Haymarket.

I already explained about the haymarket, but it remains true--its like you are suddenly in a third world--vendors hock merchandise in the open air as people move slowly through the narrow isles. Anyway, my original intention in going to the market was that I heard that they had Mangos 2 for a dollar. And they did, even one place selling THREE for a dollar, but I suddenly didn't feel like mangos. So I bought a fresh pinapple for $2.50. They were also closing up the stand, so they started selling these bunches of flowers for $1.00 each, so I got about 20 carnations for a buck. I love this city.

Then I went to the bank to cash my next paycheck, which was $110.25 after taxes, and then I returned to the dorms. I was hungary, so I went to dinner with Dan and Jeff from my digital culture class.

At dinner, I had an uncontrollable urge to have peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. So I made TWO white bread peanut butter and strawberry jelly sandwiches which I ate with two eight-ounce glasses of skim milk, and on top of that I had a piece of pepperoni pizza and a glass of Sierra Mist.

Needless to say, I couldn't believe it, but MAN were those PB&J's good!

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas is the sweetest game ever. After dinner, I went to J Pizzle's room and watched him play GTA: San Andreas for about an hour or so, killing cops and rival gang members, stealing cars and money. It was awesome.

So here I am now in the ECTV station writing on the weblog that I have been recently neglecting. I came the the station because their was black on the channel and I had to finish it. So now I'm going to wrap this up and head to the basment to chill with my friend who is on the radio right now.

Later!

No comments: