Monday, September 27, 2004

Shaw's Supermarket Makes CRAPPY rootbeer. Oh, today was really crappy

I've been drinking this generic "Shaw's Brand" Root Style Beer. It's just not right. The best root beer will always be A&W, the original draft root beer. A close second is probably Barq's, followed by Mug. After that I guess it could be anywere. My mom hate's rootbeer, so don't ask me why I like it so much.

Anyway, today was mostly horrible again, and I don't understand it. After C.D., I went over to the LB, changed the channel, went upstairs, dropped my stuff, went down, ate lunch, and then went to student services to get a work authorization form. It totally sucked, because I feel like such a hypocrite, participating in all these federal programs that ideologically I don't agree with. So anyway, I went to go get the form signed by Amy Grill at The Emerson Channel, and I caught her crossing the street on her way to a meeting. So I couldn't have her fill it out right now. I went to go upstairs, and I couldn't find it ANYWERE. I checked the front desk, the dining hall, and the floor of student services. Nowere. I was so pissed off that I went up to the Tufte Center, and sat in the 11th floor stairway singing random lines from songs and staring out the window for about a half hour.

Then I decided to go and get my October Transit Pass, which took quite a while. The closest place to buy a T pass is Government center, a good 15 minute walk away. So when I got there I asked if they took Visa. No, they said they didn't, so I had to go to the bank, which was another 8-10 minutes up the road, and I had a whole fiasco there. Finnally I withdrew 50 bucks to buy my T pass.

Back at government station, they told me to go through the turnstiles and downstairs to buy my pass...effectively getting me into the system for free. So anyway, I bought my pass, and I was still so pissed off about losing my ID that I hopped on the nearest outbound train. It was the blue line, and I took it all the way out to the airport, where I got off, looked around, and rode back into the city. I really missed my friend John then. We could've had so much fun together, but I don't think I'm ever going to get him to come up to Boston. It sucks.

So when I got back to the Little Building, I checked all the places again. And just when I was about to give up and plunk down twenty-five dollars for a new ID, I spit out a horrible prayer. "What is this God? Is this punishment? I started getting things together and you said 'oops, things are starting to work for Ezra, better throw a monkey wrench into things'. Please help me find the darn card."

I remembered that since I had used the card to go to lunch, I had it then, and the only places I'd gone before I noticed it was gone were the dining hall and student services. I felt like I needed to check Student Services again. I don't know if it was a prompting or God answering my prayer, but I checked again and sure enough, they had it. I can't imagine God answered my bratty, terrible, disrespectful prayer from an impudent person.... but he must love me, a lot more than I love myself.

So I forgot about changing the channel because I was so glad that I had found my ID, and then later that night I had to work on some dumb project so I couldn't get to my Women in Motion meeting. Argh. But oh well. I guess that's if for today.

No comments: