Sunday, October 10, 2004

I could have bought a DVD player, but instead I'm investing in Liberty

I just donated another 25.00 dollars to Michael Badnarik, raising my contributions up to 50.00 dollars. That may not sound like a lot, but its something. I only hope that one day I will be half the man Michael is. I swell with pride when I heard these words:

"I read the declaration of independance years ago. But now I understand the dedication that they had. We owe it to them, and I am fighting as hard as I can for liberty. What if George Washington hadn't done that at Valley Forge? 'You know it's really cold, you know we're fighting against King George--I know we really have no chance--let's put out the campfire and just go home. We'll leave it to our children and our grandchildren.'

That's not The American Spirit; that's not the spirit of heros.

Do you understand how important this is?

We keep reading American history, fouth of July is our favorite holiday--we fly the flag; we wear red, white and blue; and we go 'Gosh, isn't it wonderful to be an American.' As we sit by, and let them create 'Free-Speech Zones'?

Am I straddling the fence for anybody here? How badly do you want to do it?

Do you feel the fires of liberty burning inside? Because that's where it lives.

It's not the Constitution, it's not The Bill of Rights, it's not a peice of paper in Washington. You want to burn the Constitution? Do you want to shred the Bill of Rights? I don't care! You're not going to shut me up, you're not going to get my guns, because it's not the peice of paper that gives me my rights. It's the fact that I am standing here and no body is going to shut me up. If I can get my finger on the trigger, you will never get your hands on my gun.

Am I straddling the fence for anybody here?

We have to win. Our posterity, our children, our great-grandchildren--we owe it to them. This is the right thing to do. And John [Campagna] and I are going to continue doing this--with or without your help.

Because it is the right thing to do.


I feel so good reading that, over and over again. It rings with conviction and desire--something the duopoly totally lacks. Michael, I stand behind you, and so does everyone who understands what are forefathers meant by life, liberty and property.

God Bless America, again.

No comments: