Wednesday, October 27, 2004

This COULD be it!

I'm sort of scared, because this could be the first time the Boston Red Sox have won the World Series in 86 years, and I don't have any doubt that they will do it.

And the city will burn.

Look at what happened here in Boston when we won the ACLS! It will be sooo much worse. And I have a Visual Arts essay test tomorrow, along with the first third of a paper on an artwork. That's why I am down in the computer lab right now working. There are surprisingly quite a few people here.

Please forgive me for sounding sacrilegious, but I hope they lose the game tonight.

This is for two reasons. I really want the Sox to win, but I kinda want them to win in game seven, so they are in Boston on HALLOWEEN. Also, it's more exciting when they don't have such an impressive lead.

But considering they already have one run, I think it's going to happen tonight.

The Yankee's fans here are really bitter, and I can't say I blame them. It must be super annoying to have people be so obnoxious about their team. Yankee fans are a lot more subdued. I don't know if that's because they use tranquilizers or what.

Hey! Now that's an idea! To control drunken riots, the Boston police could require all alchohol to have a small amount of sleep-inducing drugs! So buy the end of the game, everyone would feel so tired, they'd fall asleep right at the bar!

Okay, maybe mixing drugs into peoples' drinks isn't the hottest idea, but neither is rioting. People have the right to celebrate, they don't have the right to destroy property. But it's bound to happen again, and since there is nothing we can do about it short of removing more civil liberties, I'm going to live with it, and I'm going to like it.

I wrote this the other day, and I think it nicely sums up my feelings:

"Freedom is freedom. You can't choose to only have the freedoms that are positive, or to get rid of the freedoms that are negative. You are either free, or you are a slave.

I will not be a slave. And if it means giving up my security, so be it. I'm free--nothing short of total liberty is acceptable"


Well, wish me luck getting my work done, and of course, GO SOX!

No comments: